Riveting?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Looking to replace a couple of reflectors on my trailer and they’ve all been riveted in.

I’ve drilled a couple out (see picture) but can’t seem to find any equivalent rivets with a flange on both sides. Can someone point me in the right direction of where to buy these please?

Also included pictures front and back of them still in place on the other reflector.

Thanks
Andy

IMG_1714.jpeg
IMG_1712.jpeg
IMG_1711.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi guys,

Thanks for the input. I’ve got some 4.8 x 14mm rivets. I did wonder if it was just a washer popped on the inside, but the inner flange felt like it was stuck to the rivet as one thing…I guess just a tight fit!

Cheers
Andy

Flanged rivets are really what you need......much greater head diameter than the traditional Pop.
4.8mm diameter they are indeed - but a 5mm drill works just fine.
John

I think what robin was inferring was that a rivet with a large flange on the other side would not fit through the hole.
Use washers like the rest of the world do.

Use a washer, but it's going through metal anyway, so not sure if it's really needed at the back

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back