Robot soldier

I

imamartian

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...bot-soldiers-that-wont-commit-war-crimes.html

i've had this concern for quite a few years now... but robot soldiers... they look like humans, can resist a bullet or knife and the strength of a machine...

and we're now talking about making safe so as to follow the Geneva convention.... hello!!! most teenagers can hack into the US federal reserve !!! and there must be thousands of errant leaders of nations who'd have the resource to reverse engineer such a thing...

should we as humans demand a complete ban on such a weapon?

Sponsored Links
They can't even make a robot that walks properly - never mind thinks properly.

Sponsored Links
On a more serious note many hundreds have just been laid off here at BAC Samlesbury where the Euro-fighter is made. The reason, in my opinion, is that Euro-fighter is actually the evolutionary end of a long line of combat aircraft; no nation wants them now because of their high price and the immense financial losses if one gets shot down compared with the relatively cheap cost of a drone bumbling around at high altitude, needing no pilot and directing ground-launched missiles to their targets.

I also believe that in our lifetimes we will see micro-robots the size of bumble bees or smaller, launched in swarms of thousands and capable of infiltrating enemy positions, those that succeed will then deliver a disabling or lethal chemical making it possible for ground troops to walk in and capture the enemy without a shot being fired. Just a thought, like. I believe the technology isn't that far away.

High yield low half life radiation smart bombs.

Boom, 5 weeks later walk in and job done, bit smelly though.

Sponsored Links
Back