Rockwool Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plumber who installed my new boiler told me that my cavity wall insulation (Rockwool) breaks down to dust after 30 years. We've had ours now 25 years, is he winding me up? or is there a basis for his thoughts. I can't see he has anything to gain by these comments?

Sponsored Links
I suggest you ask the manufacturer of the insulation.

Some plumbers ( and other trades ! ) love rubbishing everything . Just see what some of them say about me!

Tony

Thanks Tony.
Unfortunately I have lost the original documents of the installer and manufacturer, But I will pull my finger out and ring some installers, they will probably say it needs re-doing even if it doesn't. Having said that there are a few grants kickin about for this type of work from the council.
Thanks again
Bill

I meet a lot of building trades people and I have never heard of that.

Most issues are damp related and I am often told that some properties cannot have cavity insulation but nobody seems able to explain exactly why.

Tony

Sponsored Links
The old/useless Foam cracks and breaks down ...that`s why they moved onto fibreglass, then Rockwool. :idea: ...In any trade there are a lot of people who think they know about other trades/ construction etc.Sadly they don`t :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back