Rodding eye cover in patio

A

aliD

I am busy laying a new patio replacing an old one. The old patio had a oval rodding eye cover in the centre and I have opted to put in a new square cover. The new patio is at a slightly different level to the old and has a slight fall (about 1:80) which the old one did not. I am struggling to get the new rodding eye cover level with the patio. I can get it level one way but then it is off level the other. Any advice as how best to get level?

Sponsored Links
Providing you have enough depth, get a 0 to 90 degree adjustable bend.
Dig down the pipe, straighten adjustable bend out measure and mark pipe, cut pipe, chamfer pipe, fit bend, fit rodding eye. You can then adjust rodding eye any way.
old un.

That's great - I knew there must be a way of doing it. I will have to measure but I doubt if I have the depth to fit in the bend. Any further thoughts if not?

Sponsored Links
That's great - I knew there must be a way of doing it. I will have to measure but I doubt if I have the depth to fit in the bend. Any further thoughts if not?

Since at that point its just access for rodding, and not carrying waste, the requirements are not much. You could use a flexible rubber connector or a concertina style toilet pan connector and encase the rodding eye and flexible section in concrete to set it solid.
That should do it !
Simon.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back