ROI shame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just seen something on the news about child abuse within the catholic church, apparently it went on for many years with archbishops turning a blind eye, and when confronted they solved the problem by moving the priest, they even took out an insurance policy to pay out if the abuse ever came to light, surely everyone involved (if still alive ) needs to be named and convicted

Sponsored Links
It's been going on for years and well documented too. not just in the republic but world wide.
Like I've said before you can't trust the trusted, people like them, abuse their position in life.
Then hide behind God and the blasted pope :evil:
Castrate them for me, might do everone some good.

How the hell do you take out a Insurance Policy against such things 'coming to light'? :confused: Surely there's a duty of care if an Insurer hears of such policies being requested?

Sponsored Links
You take it too literally , the insurance would be against prosecution in general not for a specific charge.

You take it too literally , the insurance would be against prosecution in general not for a specific charge.

Oh that all right then!
Wonder if it's possible to get some cover like that myself, just in case I chose to abuse someone I've been trusted to care for.
and no I wouldn't! :mad:

ANother proof that Richard Dawkin has it right.

If a God did exist would he not look after the most vulnerable in his flock. All religions hide there evil deeds behind the guise of a God. Catholicism is by no means unique in this respect. Then people proclaim that evil would prevail if there were no religion.

I think religion does a pretty good job of purveying evil in all forms, whether it be child abuse or human deprivation and untold cruelty.

One more string to the bow of Dawkins. He has it dead right, otherwise this non existent god would help these helpless individuals. How much more proof do religious bigots want.

I see it this way
If someone believes in God or has a religion they wish to follow and there life is lived just and there faith is not evil and they offer a hand of goodwill, friendship to all men etc....
Fair play to them.

Maybe who knows the pearly gates may open wide for them on judgement day.
If it doesn't, at least they have led a good life and self satisfaction could well be enough.

This post is about nonsing priest's who hide behind their trust and abuse insurance policies too,
not about a theory if there is God or not.

Why would any man want to be locked into a community that forbade women?
(Rhetorical question by the way, ;) )

I see it this way
If someone believes in God or has a religion they wish to follow and there life is lived just and there faith is not evil and they offer a hand of goodwill, friendship to all men etc....
Fair play to them.

Maybe who knows the pearly gates may open wide for them on judgement day.
If it doesn't, at least they have led a good life and self satisfaction could well be enough.

This post is about nonsing priest's who hide behind their trust and abuse insurance policies too,
not about a theory if there is God or not.

What a very weird view. You say "It could be enough that they have led a good and self satisfied life" NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!
It is not acceptable in ANY society to consider the abuse of children to be acceptable and a good and satisied life.
You people hide behind religeon for these repulsive acts quoting the ridiculous belief that they will be accounted for on judgment day. What a pile of unadulterated *******S.

Hysterisis, I think you need to work on your comprehension skills a bit.
Being able to read the written word is not enough, you have to be able to understand the meaning of them. Which you obviously don't.

Hysterisis, I think you need to work on your comprehension skills a bit.
Being able to read the written word is not enough, you have to be able to understand the meaning of them. Which you obviously don't.
I understand and comprehend the written word only too well.
Don't hide behind your religeous views to justify this sort of revolting practice.
There can NEVER be any justification for this sort of abuse.
What is there to 'Comprehend' about this revolting practice??

I understand and comprehend the written word only too well.
Don't hide behind your religeous views to justify this sort of revolting practice.

I don't think you do, I'm an athiest. Where have I ever expressed any 'religous views' on here?
I also agree with what PBOD was saying in the post you quoted, and think he's probably a non believer as well. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back