ROI shame

Hysteresis, putting aside your failure to understand the written word, you really are one hell of an annoying little git!

I'm a Catholic, I find this abuse shocking and unforgivable. I cannot see how ANYONE could possibly justify it. IT IS NOT JUSTIFIABLE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? :confused: :rolleyes:

This absolutely disgusting abuse of children 'could' have happened anywhere. Indeed there have been cases of abuse in Children's Homes and recently a Nursery. So given your understanding of this debate, it means that anyone who works or has anything to do with Children's Homes and/or a Nursery, will give justification for child abuse. :rolleyes: If the subject wasn't so disturbing your input would be hilarious.

Sponsored Links
I see it this way
If someone believes in God or has a religion they wish to follow and there life is lived just and there faith is not evil and they offer a hand of goodwill, friendship to all men etc....
Fair play to them.

Maybe who knows the pearly gates may open wide for them on judgement day.
If it doesn't, at least they have led a good life and self satisfaction could well be enough.

This post is about nonsing priest's who hide behind their trust and abuse insurance policies too,
not about a theory if there is God or not.
Well said. I wonder how the " Fathers" reckon with one small sentence in the Bible " If anyone should cause these Little Ones to sin - it would be better that he were thrown into deep water with a millstone round his neck "- Spoken by Christ himself . Not many rules to live by , just that one and 10 others .

What a very weird view. You say "It could be enough that they have led a good and self satisfied life" NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!
It is not acceptable in ANY society to consider the abuse of children to be acceptable and a good and satisied life.
You people hide behind religeon for these repulsive acts quoting the ridiculous belief that they will be accounted for on judgment day. What a pile of unadulterated ****.

You was questioning or agreeing with a theory on the existence of God.
I was saying if people chose to follow a religion and that leads them to living a "good life" fair play.
Then see what judgement day brings, but at least they can be satisfied they have followed their faith in a good way.
If you consider a "good life" being that lived as a sex offender.
I think your concept of good, is a weird one :confused:

I understand and comprehend the written word only too well.
Don't hide behind your religeous views to justify this sort of revolting practice.

I don't think you do, I'm an athiest. Where have I ever expressed any 'religous views' on here?
I also agree with what PBOD was saying in the post you quoted, and think he's probably a non believer as well. :rolleyes:

SOOEY - Read PBOD's quote again. He says if a religeos believer practices his religeon etc etc etc and then qualifies his statements as - "Fair Play to Them". Well it isn't Fair Play to the abused. These priests did follow their religeon, as they practiced it for years, so how on earth can it be Fair Play to them. That is where religeous beliefs came into the discussion. Practicing religeon to cover up the most evil of crimes is absolutely unacceptable, so as religeon was brought in to the discussion, the existence of a God is part of the discussion, and therefore questioning the very foundation of religeon and where their God was when he was needed to protect the vulnerable.
PBOD also suggests that if they have practiced their chosen religeon and there are No Pearly Gates at least they will have the satisfaction of having spent a good life. Well I am sorry, these practitioners of their religeon DID NOT lead a 'Good Life'. They led an evil life under the pretence of religeon.
I think your comprehension needs a bit of practice, not mine.

Sponsored Links
If someone believes in God or has a religion they wish to follow and their life is lived just and there faith is not evil and they offer a hand of goodwill, friendship to all men etc....
Fair play to them

This is what I put, so don't misquote me.

I defend good people not evil ones, get your facts right, read the posts for the love of God :rolleyes:

I think your loop is losing more than it should be!

Hysteresis, putting aside your failure to understand the written word, you really are one hell of an annoying little git!

I'm a Catholic, I find this abuse shocking and unforgivable. I cannot see how ANYONE could possibly justify it. IT IS NOT JUSTIFIABLE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? :confused: :rolleyes:

This absolutely disgusting abuse of children 'could' have happened anywhere. Indeed there have been cases of abuse in Children's Homes and recently a Nursery. So given your understanding of this debate, it means that anyone who works or has anything to do with Children's Homes and/or a Nursery, will give justification for child abuse. :rolleyes: If the subject wasn't so disturbing your input would be hilarious.

It is your church and your leaders of that church which turned a blind eye to the abuse, not only a blind eye, they tried to cover it up. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT.
How can you reconcile those actions of your religeous leaders. I find it very odd that you find critisism of you faith and your leaders in covering up this apauling episode 'hilarious. I can find not one drop of hilarity in it.

Hysteresis Loopy
You have a problem.
No one has defended the actions of these people and you seem hell bent on misquoting, taking out of context what has been put and concocting drivel. To satisfy your presence here.

Hysteresis Loopy
You have a problem.
No one has defended the actions of these people and you seem hell bent on misquoting, taking out of context what has been put and concocting drivel. To satisfy your presence here.

Well said PBofD. More twists and misquotes by Hys than a politician.

Hysteresis,

I think you misunderstood what PDB said. If someone chooses to believe in God whatever their religion provided they cause no harm, fair play to them.
Not a sentiment that's easy to argue with.

However if someone believes in or claims to believe in God yet causes harm (unjustified?) to others, that should not be acceptable anyone. Practicing a religion of any sort does not mean that they are abusers or that they accept the abusive behavior of perverts or the covering up of it by others.

Being of Irish decent and christened a Catholic (now fiercely renounced) I find it hard to understand how so much child abuse stems from the Irish Catholic Church. Whether it's their priests, orders of brothers or the often overlooked but all to many vicious Nuns.

I know this is not a purely Irish disease but, it is very difficult to understand how this abuse has traveled the world with so many Irish men and women. The abuses they commit known to and yet still covered up by many in their church, in governments and by various Police authorities. It is shameful, but to use the words of a Kenyan man called Antony "Don't blame God for the actions of man" those that do/did the abusing and all those that cover it up should be strung up imho.

in my heart i truly believe that anyone who injures a child is evil and sick, and should be dealt with severely, but even worse than the abuser who is sick are the ones who cover it up, by staying silent or moving the abuser

I agree whole heartedly AJ.
My only point was that if a God exists, where was he/she to help these deflencless poor people of his/her suppposed flock. And for the so called leaders of this religeon to actively participate in its cover up and therefore encourage it, is Evil in it's extreme.
So who is supposed to help these poor people in there hour of need. The only logical conclusion I can come to is that there is no one. Hence my reference to there being yet another string to the substantial bow of Dawkins.
If they cannot rely on help in their hour of desparate need, what is the point of prayer.
There may be a vast majority of very good meaning clergy, but their leaders were all too aware of what was going on and they themselves chose to protect the few very bad apples. This, in my book, is indefensible.
With respect to the quote "Don't blame God for the actions of Man" . Assuming there is a God (Which I don't) I would not blame him/her. What I question is where was he/she when required to protect the most vulnerable members of his flock. It would appear he/she also turned a blind eye or more logically, there is no one there to protect them.

Sponsored Links
Back