Roller Coasters....

I

imamartian

What's your favourite? what's the best in the world? Kingda Ka is the biggest land based (i believe), but there are coasters on the top on huge buildings... what do people think?

Sponsored Links
There's a tv tower in china with a pod ride on the top, the pods are about 450 metres high.

they have the same effect as senna pods :idea:

I saw a documentary on the making of Kingda Car a little while ago. It's really fascinating to watch exactly how they make it. Although to be honest, it doesn't look like it'd be much more fun than ones we have in this country.

Sponsored Links
What's your favourite? what's the best in the world? Kingda Ka is the biggest land based (i believe), but there are coasters on the top on huge buildings... what do people think?

Without a shadow of a doubt, El Toro at Six Flags Great Adventure, NJ. I think Diamondback at Kings Island, OH would be in close second, purely for the surprise element when it gets boosted underneath the station. Perhaps it'd get boring after riding it a few times, though.

I've been on Kingda Ka, and yes, it's fast. Fast to the point that your vision almost stars to blur. However, it's not as intense as either of the above rides by a large margin.

I saw a documentary on the making of Kingda Car a little while ago. It's really fascinating to watch exactly how they make it. Although to be honest, it doesn't look like it'd be much more fun than ones we have in this country.

If you like coasters then you absolutely must go to America. You'll never get excited about going to a UK theme park again! :D

Where's the best seat to take? At the front you get the taste, but at the middle/back, when suddenly accelerated, and you see the danger beforehand? Suddenly the gravity pull?

I used to work on Blackpool Pleasure beach, and the guy that maintained the roller coaster, was the biggest drinker ever, and safety concerns were limited.

There's a tv tower in china with a pod ride on the top, the pods are about 450 metres high.

surely you get so far up and then the ground just looks like a map !! so less fear...

I'm in Florida now, and been on the Hulk ride at Universal Islands of Ad, and you get fired really fast up the ascent, and then have a decent ride, Manta at Seaworld is where you lie horizontal, and is quite good, Kraken, too, at SW is high and fast and goes underground a couple of times.
Did the Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit today (twice) which has a vertical ascent (167ft) and vertical drop (170ft), but is average after that....

Did Shockwave at Drayton Manor last year, which is ok, but kinda cool because you stand up...

Worth a mention is the new Harry potter ride... it's a robotic arm ride... which is on a track, and in a virtual simulator too... very very good (although it had a power cut half way through the second time we went on it!!)

And try the bart simpson ride in Universal studios.. a bit long winded getting in there, but a great simulator ride ultimatley. You do feel like you're part of a huge cartoon. Great for kids of all ages !!

Sponsored Links
Back