Roman blinds brackets / fixings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
gDCjvhX
XLQcdmZ

I'm trying to refit some roman blinds at my mum's house which were removed for decorating. The brackets in place seem to be those that should be screwed into a wall, however they have been fitted to the ceiling/top of the window frame.

I trust the attached pics will describe it better than I have.

The problem I have is that the metal arm which is supposed to rotate freely to secure the blind to the bracket cannot move because it has been screwed so tight into the ceiling. If I loosen the screw, the whole bracket moves.

Is this even the correct type of bracket for these circumstances? Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do? Should I try and find a new bracket, and if so, what do I need to look for.

I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_125517-min.jpg
    IMG_20201205_125517-min.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20201205_180039-min.jpg
    IMG_20201205_180039-min.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
Correct bracket. Just unscrew from the ceiling, use a couple of washers as spacers and screw back up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back