Romo wallpaper with tiny impregnated beads

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have been asked to cover a feature wall with the above paper and am a little concerned!.... it's a non-woven paper with glass beads in the surface and wondered if any one else has been asked to hang this stuff and if so was it problematic!

The instructions say to paste the paper and hang immediately. However I notice when you do so much as pick this stuff up the beads start coming off and I'm guessing they'll play havoc with trying to get it on the walls. I still wonder whether pasting the wall might be a better solution?....any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I have only ever hung it once. I papered one wall which has one recessed window and one door.

From memory, I pasted the paper rather than the wall. One advantage of pasting the paper is that you get to see any beads stuck to the reverse side of the paper. I also pasted the wall, on reflection that was a bad move because of the rogue beads that ended up getting stuck to the wet paste.

I used a snap off blade knife and wide filling knife to trim the paper at the top and bottom. Cutting it wasn't as bad as I thought it might me. I smoothed the paper with a soft paper hanging brush.

Finally, I spent ages hoovering up the gazillion beads on the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back