Roof diagonal cross bracing

How will you get past the opening lintels seeing as they are 3m tall? How will you go on once more than half the roof space is occupied?

Before half the trusses are on, put the rest up on the wall plate resting on the gable and rest on the trusses. Then when its time to set out, just run one over at a time. Have did this many times with smaller trusses.

The opening for the garage door is is 4.5m wide x 4m high. But even if it wasnt 4m high, they can be brought in on their sides.

Sponsored Links
Have did this many times with smaller trusses.
Lol, so have I. But none weighing 85kgs at 8.5m long.

I admit that my triples weighed 273kgs and could only be lifted by a crane. Be careful how many you lean against the gable as it will push over.

Lol, so have I. But none weighing 85kgs at 8.5m long.

I admit that my triples weighed 273kgs and could only be lifted by a crane. Be careful how many you lean against the gable as it will push over.

Wouldnt even consider it if they where over 200kg but i think 80kg is manageable with 3 to 4 men. I bench more in the gym plus the weight of the trusses is spread out more. .

I bench more in the gym plus the weight of the trusses is spread out more. .

A lot of the truss weight you lads will be handling will be a good distance away from your point of contact. Raised tie trusses will want to tip over. They will be a handful. Pray that it is a flat calm day the lorry arrives.(y)

Sponsored Links
A lot of the truss weight you lads will be handling will be a good distance away from your point of contact. Raised tie trusses will want to tip over. They will be a handful. Pray that it is a flat calm day the lorry arrives.(y)

Thats why i was considering the scissor lift. But if it comes to it, i will get the teleporter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back