Roof hatch hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
262F8FB3-7045-4252-A996-5779FEC8BD12.jpeg
0939CCBB-B935-4006-A332-A214C074A430.jpeg
Do you know what is the correct hinge to use for this roof hatch so that it can be rotated 90-135 degrees upwards to allow roof access. At the moment it is not fixed. The lighter wood is part of the hatch. Cant seem to find any hidges that wont do the full 360.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the ply at the top and the light timber at the sides are fixed together and all form part of the hatch?

At the moment I have to put my hands on the ply and push it upwards and to one side for roof access but there’s a danger of it falling off the roof if pushed by someone the wrong side so better to have a hinge.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a standard hinge will do you then , attach it to the top of the timber where you can see hinges used to be and to the underside of the light timber with the pivot of the hinge on the outside, you might need to chop out a small amount of timber to get the hatch to stay flush

But how can I stop the hatch rotating too far. I’d ideally want it to go only 90 degrees. If it rotates 180 will be hard to reach it to close it on way down.

"Door limiter"

A strap is cheaper but a pair of rigid metal ones is better.

bit off string fixed above going slightly forward to a fixing above but a few inches too long to allow the trap door lean back and iff needed unhook from the trap door to close

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back