Loft Ladders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

I don't have anything at the moment, bar a normal ladder I store in the shed.

I would like to get a proper pull down ladder. The opening we have is 700x700mm (if I took all the trim off it might 720x720mm or thereabouts) and I'm really struggling to find a 'kit' to fit. They all seem to be rectangle, with nothing smaller than 1000mm long. Width is fine as they do come in 700mm.

I'd like to avoid making the opening bigger - my roof is a 'cut' roof.

I think my only option is to just buy a 3-piece ladder on its own and make up my own hatch - the hatch at the moment is a piece of ply that sits on the equivalent of a door stop all the way round the opening, and you just push it up out of the way - it's not hinged or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There are mini telescopic ladders, that will suit your application. They cost around £150-£170 though.

You will have to adjust your loft hatch to a drop-down hinged type though, the push up hatch do not suit loft ladder applications.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back