Roof ladder, closing cavity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have our nice shiny new warm deck roof. There is continuity between the wall cavity and voids between the joists/soffit ladders:

How would we close those to stop pests getting in? I want to run a number of AV cables between the joist and don't fancy having Mr. Mouse chewing on them.

I would just use 'spandy foam. But have minor concerns about condensation (even though the roof has 120mm Celotex).

Maybe a metal mesh would be better?

Would i get better thermal results with foam by keeping the air between the joists isolated from the cavities?

Cheers,
Fubar.

Sponsored Links
I want to run a number of AV cables between the joist and don't fancy having Mr. Mouse chewing on them

CO20G.JPG

I've already run plastic conduit down to the back boxes. Was going to use flexi conduit for in the roof space to allow easier pull through in the future.

Main concern if breaking the continuity of the cavity. Will probably add some warmth and sound deadening.

Fubar.

Sponsored Links
I know they'll get through plastic. But it's an extra layer of protection. Also, it's not smooth on the inside, but I've never had any problem pulling through before... Where can you even get smooth?

Cheers Noseall, will probably do that.

Fubar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back