roof line

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, i really need some advice. Im planning to start my a start extension in about two week times and am a little worried as to how my roof will look.

My house is a typical semi detached with a side drive. My rear living room is already extended, i wish to extend the kitchen now and its going to be 800mm longer then the existing living room extension.

I would like the new roof to be flush with the old extension roof but dont know if thats possible. can someone please advise if this is feasible, i'll further add i would ideally like to keep ceiling height and floor levels to match existing ground floor but am willing to adjust them if it gets a flush roof.

thanks in advance guys.

Sponsored Links
The new extentions will be 800mm longer than the existing living room extention which has a pitch roof.

I've tried to make it as easy to understand as possible, if you require any other information please let me know. i would be very greatfull of the advice.

flat roof sloping roof back to back ??

you know exactly what you mean but we may not :D :D ;)

Sloping roof Big_all. By that i mean its sloping at one angle. The heighest is the back of the roof which is attached to the house.
The new extension will be adjacent to this room and i want the roofs to be level (flush) but is it possible with the new extension being 800mm further out then the existing living room extension.

Sponsored Links
yes you just carry on the roof at the same slope and will be about 300mm lower at the point it meets the wall that's 800mm farther away dependant on angle

thanks for reply, but that still doesnt answer my main concern, if the roof carried on at the same slope will this affect the verticle floor to ceiling height in the new extention? i.e the 800mm portion of the build.

i want the floor to cieling height the remain the same as my living room.
Please clarify

yes it will
as i said you wall will be lower

draw a side elevation with the roof slope on it draw your new wall a scale 800mm away and if your your roof is at the scale angle it will off course be lower

the point in the 800mm that you start to loose head height depends on roof construction and material thickness you may only loose height over say the last 400mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back