Roof meets dorma junction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This section of slate needs to come off and be replaced. It is 6.4m x 3m approx.

I spoke to the roofers who did a patch up job three years ago on it and they said the slates all need replacing, but the lady at the time couldnt afford a proper job, so they membraned over the leaking old roof light and continued that over the whole dorma.

So i am now going to tackle it as i am changing the ridge for a breathing ridge plus fitting a new velux.

The roof membrane is the older type of bitumen felt, so i also want to swap that to new breathing membrane.

My question is how i start the the first course of slate. In the photo you can see they have nailed into the sark boarding they have fitted under the membrane.

I want to bring my slate line down another 4 courses so it finishes at the junction with the flat dorma roof.

Do i just baton out with lat right at the bottom as you would a normal roof ? Or do i have to consider something i'm not aware of ?

Attachments

• IMG_3319.JPG
    IMG_3319.JPG
    426.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3318.JPG
    IMG_3318.JPG
    442.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3325.JPG
    IMG_3325.JPG
    417.4 KB · Views: 79
Sponsored Links
Thanks Woody.

So the main thing I need to do is notch out my last lat, or any lat sat onto the under boarding area.

Any idea what spacing i should go for? Every 300mm for a notch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back