roof problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Can someone tell me what the concrete edging is at the edge of my roof tiles. it is crumbling in some places and bits have fell off, including one rather large brick size piece. The house is only six years old and it looks very unsightly.

Sponsored Links
Six years old :eek: who built it : Make sure you don`t get caught by "travelling" roofers when you get it repaired , my chavvy ;)

It sounds like a Friday verge to me lol!!

A house 6 years old? And its crumbling already?!! :eek: (what house builder was it again?)

Just get the DRY VERGE SYSTEM fitted for a small cost, Once done it'll never have to be done again in the homes lifetime.

SIMPLES!!

Sponsored Links
Without a picture it's difficult to say what went wrong exactly.

The verge is likely to have been bedded then pointed in two seperate operations, which is not good. This will show it's self by a skim of muck falling out first, often exposing the batten ends which may be to long.

Very likely the undercloak had not been damped down before the verge was bedded up. this will cause the muck not to bond to the undercloak in dry weather. Or could be bad gauging of muck, or roof settling if the under cloak is on brickwork as the weight of the roof settles the verge will stay where it is and possibly crack up.

Do you have a picture?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back