Roof repairer in Essex that doesn't charge £100 an hour for labour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know someone in Essex who can do simple but proper repair to a felt roof on a Garage that doesn't charge £100 /hr for labour !! ??

Sponsored Links
Sounds like it’s a simple job according to the OP. 15 minute job and he only wants to pay £25 including call out. :rolleyes:

I only want to pay for the actual process of removing the broken tile and putting the new one back in. I'm not interested that he has had to come out and look, go buy the tile, go back and get his ladders, hire a boy to foot the ladders and take the ladders back again. In fact I'll do the damn job myself!
If only.:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I think the responses so far sum up what ordinary people and pensioners are up against. I asked them what was involved. They said 1 to three hours labour and less than £50 materials. Local so took 10 minutes to pop round and look at a time that I had to fit in with them, which they both changed. Quotes £280 and £250. A nurse earns £13 an hour and pays all of her tax. Now I know the smart asses will say then get a nurse to do it but I don't see why I should pay more than £30 an hour for something that frankly any decent DIY er could do. I can't climb the ladder because of my age but that's a lot extra to pay for someone who can!
Anyway, got someone sensible now so I would warn people not to just say yes to these people.

I only want to pay for the actual process of removing the broken tile and putting the new one back in. I'm not interested that he has had to come out and look, go buy the tile, go back and get his ladders, hire a boy to foot the ladders and take the ladders back again. In fact I'll do the damn job myself!
If only.:rolleyes:
You'd like to think a roofer might be smart enough to carry his ladders with him when he's looking to quote for a roof!

Why don't you ask a family member do it for you while looking at a guide on youtube?

Andy

I have had people try and make me feel bad for getting more than 1 quote for a job, telling me it wastes the poor trades persons time.

I had a tile job need doing to repair something a builder quoted £400, a tiler quoted £200 another tiler quoted £130. I did it myself in the end and cost £11 :D

Morale of the story... you work for me bitches I will get as many quotes as I want.

Your lucky you got someone to come round and give you a quote. Most of them can't be ar**d.

what did you do? Three tubes of mastic?
No, that's how the "professional"roofer did it a few years ago! Jobbing builder used some sort of bonding cement fillet and a flashing. Couldn't see the details because as I said, can't get on the roof. Didn't leak after the rain the other night. £100

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back