Roof Repairs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently i have purchased a property but am having a few issues with the roof, been trying to find roofers over the last couple of weeks but struggling(any recommendations for roofers in the north east, bedlington/cramlington area welcome)

currently there is a leak through the adjoining chimney which is affecting my interior wall, i believe this is due to insufficent flashing(picture below).

View media item 35689
i also have a ridge tile that requires replacing

View media item 35688
and a question whether this is acceptable adjoining guttering

View media item 35690
At the moment im wondering if anyone could give a rough guide on how much these repairs would cost, and any advice on how to get hold of roofers for the job? ive asked around with little success so am a bit stuck.

Thank You for your time.

Sponsored Links
Chimneyhead i would ask for neighbours cooperation and have it removed and tiled/slated over if unused.

Ridge tile £40 £60ish

Gutters are fine, i would bridge a slip of lead over the join though.

thanks for the reply, doesnt sound as if it will cost too much then, just found out today after a full days rain that the flat roof in the kitchen leaks through the light fitting :/ managed to get a roofer for Wednesday(although rain is forecast everyday next week) can i apply Flexycryl to the flat roof to stop the leak? may just ask the roofer to do it but fear how much it might actually be.

thanks for the reply, doesnt sound as if it will cost too much then, just found out today after a full days rain that the flat roof in the kitchen leaks through the light fitting :/ managed to get a roofer for Wednesday(although rain is forecast everyday next week) can i apply Flexycryl to the flat roof to stop the leak? may just ask the roofer to do it but fear how much it might actually be.

better to ask the roofer for the job. :D

Sponsored Links
Are you done with the work that you are looking for,I am a roofing contractor and i can only suggest you to change the roof tiles,if you are facing this problem.Repair can cost you more then replacement.If you still need to repair them.Please let me know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back