Roof Replace Estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I have decided to get the roof on the kitchen replaced / repaired. I have the following quote.

The roof is a pitched roof roughly 3m x 4m with blue/ grey slate.

quote.png
Is this a fair quote?

Sponsored Links
Is that your ECG readout when you saw the price?

Or did the old sea dog send you the quote in Morse Code?

Is that your ECG readout when you saw the price?

Or did the old sea dog send you the quote in Morse Code?

Sorry forgot to add the price. £650.00 - No that was the companys bank details. lol

sounds reasonable to me but there is no mention of renewing the flashing at the top abutment , if he is going to redress the old one make sure the lead is ok.

Sponsored Links
sounds reasonable to me but there is no mention of renewing the flashing at the top abutment , if he is going to redress the old one make sure the lead is ok.

Thanks for that. This is my first quote. Also is it better to keep existing slates and replace the broken ones? The roofer said he doesnt like replacing slate roof with tiles as tiles are too heavy and let water in when its windy. Other people have had their roofs replaced with tiles so not sure whether to get another quote or just go with this one.

OP,
Asking about the same roof you were on here a few weeks ago, and abused the various people who advised you by suddenly vanishing.

OP,
Asking about the same roof you were on here a few weeks ago, and abused the various people who advised you by suddenly vanishing.

I didn't abuse anyone. Where did you get that idea from?

I got the idea from you disappearing without a word to those who had tried to help you. Its called: bad manners or ingratitude or self centredness.

Well I have just gone through that last post and I did say thanks.. But if you feel that way then I will apologise as it was not my intention.

In your OP on the 1 april you said "Thanks in advance" - after the last thread post of 21 april nothing more was heard from you. Question and advice were left hanging in the air.
Its not a question of my feeling any which way.

Thanks in advance isn't the point & doesn't wash if you consider all obligations to simple considerations ended with it?
Your attempt at a peevish apology is a perfect example of how you are, seemingly unaware, operating.

I hope that you can get help.

In your OP on the 1 april you said "Thanks in advance" - after the last thread post of 21 april nothing more was heard from you. Question and advice were left hanging in the air.
Its not a question of my feeling any which way.

Thanks in advance isn't the point & doesn't wash if you consider all obligations to simple considerations ended with it?
Your attempt at a peevish apology is a perfect example of how you are, seemingly unaware, operating.

I hope that you can get help.

Well I have looked at other threads and I don't believe my conduct in any way is bad manners and your response does seem that you have taken it personally that I did not reply to your last post. I have been civil throughout and genuine and you can construe that in any way you like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back