Roof valley trough change of direction where three roof pitches meet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a situation where I've built an extension (blue roof below) where the pitch is different to the roof it joins to. So I need to redo the valley as shown below.

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 13.29.21.png

Would it be ok to have the valley trough change direction slightly? I won't bend the trough, but cut a section to join it at the point where all three roof pitches intersect to run down to the corner gutter. The issue is that at the change of direction the water might overflow, but can I put a piece of plastic vertically to guide the water?

Sponsored Links
Got a situation where I've built an extension (blue roof below) where the pitch is different to the roof it joins to. So I need to redo the valley as shown below.

View attachment 314415

Would it be ok to have the valley trough change direction slightly? I won't bend the trough, but cut a section to join it at the point where all three roof pitches intersect to run down to the corner gutter. The issue is that at the change of direction the water might overflow, but can I put a piece of plastic vertically to guide the water?
Fine as long as you roof and flash it with lots of care.
This similar job...

...was one of the most awkward difficult jobs I've done.
My advice is to get the water off that part of the roof, as quickly as possible.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back