Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm so fed up of having to rely on tradespeople getting back to me, Ive decided to tackle the work myself. Ive had a dormer fitted and need that section of the roof tiled. Can anyone point me in the direction of videos or instructions to do this. There is some lead work required which is quite skilful I know, but it seems I have no choice now but to have a go.

Sponsored Links
I'm sure there is a site or something that has lots of videos. Try Google... err hang on. :cautious:

who fitted the dormer? why cant they arrange a tiler for you? most would be able too

Sponsored Links
I have no choice now but to have a go.
Crikey. Cutting your teeth on a dormer roof is not the wisest move. In the first image below, if you zoom in you can see that I have mocked up a few tiles prior to setting the lead soaker at the bottom of the dry valley on the dormer roof. This is so that when I tile the main roof, I know that I have allowed room for the tiles to fit under the dormer fascia and soffit and will comfortably slide under the lead soaker.

I did all this in advance because I needed to tile the dormer roof before tiling the main roof, which meant setting the dry valley and the accompanying lead soaker.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back