Roofing a lean-to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm about to build a lean-to onto the end of an old out-house at the bottom of my garden, and aim to roof it with see thru currugated pvc. It will be about 2.8M long along the wall, with the over-hang of about 1M. My problem is in locating the Pvc sheeting. All I can see are sheets where the 'grooves' run the length of the sheet; I want them to run across the way ! Does such a product exist ? It seems daft having to buy the aforementioned one just to cut it up and have loads of joins.

Sponsored Links
No I've never seen corrugated with the corrugations running across the sheet. It'd be fine for your job but no use for anything bigger- the overlap needed to keep water out would be horrific.

Three sheets - cut say four times - will cover your lean to amply.

Sponsored Links
I assume you are after a sheet sized approximately 1m by 2.8m?? If so then there are plenty available BUT are you sure you want (a) corrugated and (b) do you want the ridges running from left to right or top to bottom??

As stated on here, an idea of why you want the ridges that way would help.

If you are happy not to use corrugated then there are other alternatives but they cost more.

The reason for the daft orientation is that the 2.8M side would butt- up against the out-house wall, and the fall/1M side lets all the rain drop straight off over a railway embankment wall ! ( no need for any guttering.)

Ive just looked at twin wall polycarbonate sheet, ( flat obviously ) which looks good , but how do you fix it to a frame without drilling it full of holes ? Is it strong enough to just " screw up from the inside ", and therefore not breaking the outside surface ?

You can screw them with special self sealing washers but the normal way is to use snap down glazing bars, any of the large diy retailers will stock them.

Twinwall is what I was thinking of.

Have a look at the site in the link below. There is installation advice [by clicking on the link]

They also do all the bits and pieces needed for an install but there are other places who supply the stuff (Screwfix does some of it) so no need to order from there if you can find it cheaper elsewhere.

Do a search once you have narrowed down what you want. As I said, plenty suppliers out there.

B

https://www.roofingsuperstore.co.uk...f-sheet-3000mm-x-1050mm-x-10mm-pack-of-5.html

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back