Roofing adjacent to Chimney

nec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help with their advice on what the timber is for at the back of the chimney beneath the roof tiles? TIA Picture to follow.

Sponsored Links
Hi can anyone help with their advice on what the timber is for at the back of the chimney beneath the roof tiles? TIA Picture to follow.
Yes. Its a back gutter tray. Its the bit of wood that supports the horizontal part of the back gutter....

• Thanks
Reactions: nec
Sponsored Links
Well impressed with that. I'm afraid our job as stalled - a job too far I suspect. Are u still in the work I am in Stafford.

Well impressed with that. I'm afraid our job as stalled - a job too far I suspect. Are u still in the work I am in Stafford.
Thanks. I'm a builder that happens to do a bit of (non complex) lead work. I couldn't do for instance a proper lead roof with lead core and burning etc. That job was in Stafford on the new estate opposite the Crem'. That house borders Baswich Lane. We built an extension plus an inglenook fireplace and chimney.

• Thanks
Reactions: nec
It looks good and I think I know which property it is, will take a better view when next I go past later today, Would you like to come and look at my job? It's a nothing job as compared to that one, no more than 30 bricks to drop in existing chimney. Scaffold in place. 07811106548 is my number. Nigel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back