Roofing repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Discovered a leak in the roof. Further investigation revealed damp (but not soaking) loft insulation and ceiling plaster/debris between joists in the loft around where the gable timbers meet which has spread by approx a meter. The roof felt is also ripped and torn around the gable timbers. From outside you can see at least one broken tile and it seems the source of the leak maybe broken tiles and/or the valley drain between our bargeboard and the neighbours (see photos).

I suspect a repair will require more than just replacing a couple of tiles but just how much more work is likely to be required? Re-cementing of the gutter? Would the whole valley gutter need replacing? Is it possible to replace a small section of felt or must many tiles be removed to achieve this?

I'm trying to get a rough idea of the work involved from the experts on this forum so I can discuss with a local roofer the best way forward. What would you guys suggest?

Sponsored Links
Your roof looks tired from the bit I can see. The tile is the most obvious thing to look at, but you could get up there and find the lead is split.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back