Roofing vents

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The roof of my 1970s bungalow is clad in 17x15inch (430x380mm) Redland Stonewold tiles, grey in colour.

The soffits have been enclosed in UPVC and there appears to be little if any ventilation in the roof space, therefore I'm looking to fit roof vents to provide some air movement in the loft.

Can anyone please recommend the correct type of vent for this tile, and give me a brief resume of the procedure for fitting?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Over fascia vents are probably the easiest you could fit felt support trays at the same time, you would normally be able to slide the second row of tiles up enough to reveal the nails in the first row of tiles which you would need to remove to fit the vent strips.

Thanks for that.

Judging by the Redland video I've just watched on Youtube, you would need to fit those vents all the way along the fascia, otherwise the profile of the roof edge would be uneven?

Sponsored Links
correct but if that causes problems with the tiles then you will need to shave a bit of the fascia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back