Room divider/stud wall/archway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a room with a stone archway and I want to create a partition in the archway with a door to create a separate room. We are using this as a cinema room so need to add some soundproofing. I have thought of a couple of solutions,
1. Hang some sliding doors - these would be big with not a lot of space to slide sideways, also not very soundproof
2. Create a stud wall with a doorway - this could be better soundproofed but a bit tricky for a DIY job I think due to the arch and fixings into the stone.

Any thoughts on these options or alternate solutions/pitfalls would be appreciated (apart form the obv. "get a pro in")

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_5111.JPG
    IMG_5111.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 96
Sponsored Links
Hi,

Only a DIY'er, but I would build a stud wall behind the arch - no faffing with odd shaped cuts or fixing etc!
Also, easily removable by the next occupants should they wish! :)

Thanks RandomGrinch, never thought of that. Definitely an adoption and as you say an easier build. Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back