Room Stat, Confused..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I posted a while back regarding my room stat.I had a new combi fitted ,Alpha CB24X,and plumber did not reconnect my room stat as he said the stat on boiler did the same job.Which i later found to be untrue.
Whenever heating was on it would trip on and off every couple of minutes.
I have recently traced wiring from room stat and redirected to new boiler.
Inside stat had three wires,Red to 1,Blue to 2 and Yellow to 3,but connection on boiler only had A and B so i got my sparky friend to connect for me..
Stat now works and appears to control boiler and it only comes on when needed,but i have noticed that when it does come on,rather than staying on constantly until room temp is reached it still switches on and off every couple of mins.
Stat on front of boiler is marked 1 to 9 and i have it set at 3,could it be conflicting and need turning up or could it be wired incorrectly????
I hope this makes sense..

Sponsored Links
Set the ch boiler stat to about 6 or 7. Boiler will cut out when it reaches set temperature, even if the room stat has not been satisfied.

I did as suggested and turned boiler control upto 6,room stat was left at 19. All this did was make the radiators get hotter why they were on.Boiler itself still switches on when room stat clicks but then just trips on and off every couple of minutes as stated before untill it eventually decides to turn off. I even put a thermostat next to room stat last night and house got far hotter that stat set to before boiler decided to switch off.

Sponsored Links
How many radiators have you got?

Does the boiler fire for longer the first time after you turn the room stat up?

I have 8 radiators in total.
When heating first comes on boiler fires up and stays on for approx 4-5 mins.It will then go off for about 60 seconds and come back on again.
When it comes back on its normally on for around 2-3 minutes then it goes off for 1-2 minutes and does this repeatedly untill it decides house is warm enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back