Room temperature controller question??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Doing up a house all going well just decorated main room and it all looks great exept for the big ugly temperature controller that looks like the one noah had on the ark ? how easy is it to change this abomination for a small modern digi set up - or should I just hang a picture over it ?

please note I dont want to end up fitting a new system lol. ;)

Sponsored Links
What wires are connected to the existing thermostat?

I would guess a Live from the controls, Switched Live to the boiler or motorised valve & maybe a Neutral and an Earth. If so most digital themostats are battery powered to maintain the display when the programmer is switched off and don't need an accelerator to improve mechanical accuracy, so you probably won't need the neutral connection.

If you want to post a photo of the thermostat with the cover off showing the connections, someone will confirm. We won't be shocked no matter how ugly it is. :eek:

BTW don't hang a picture over it, that will stop it sensing the room temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back