Room thermostat problems.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've recently replaced my Honeywell T6360B thermostat with a Drayton RTS 8.

All seemed to be working ok until we noticed that even with the timer switched off the system fired up. Any ideas Please ??

There seems to be 240v at the thermostat across the live to blue and live to yellow, even with the timer switched to off.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We had a similar problem when we moved into a brand new house! Thermostat wold control when the heating came on instead of the timer (mechanical). The problem on ours was in the wiring... Basically, where the timer was wired into the terminal block in the boiler itself, it wasn't connected to the thermostat - one wire from the timer went into the block with nothing the other side! It turned out to be an error in the instruction manual, and one of the lives needed to be 'mated' to the timer.

Have had no problems with the timer since. If yours is a mechanical timer, maybe something similar?

HTH

Dave

Thanks ...

Mine isn't a mechanical timer unfortunatly .... the system has been working oK for years when the Honeywell 6360 was fitted .... the fault has only occurred since replacing it with the Drayton RTS8 .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back