room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,Is it possible for me to wire up a room thermostat to my boiler,ie has it got to be done under part p etc and am I allowed to connect wiring inside the boiler casing.If this is allowed can you tell me what the connections would be to connect the room thermostat to a Worcester 28si11 boiler.regards max

Sponsored Links
hi,Is it possible for me to wire up a room thermostat to my boiler,ie has it got to be done under part p etc
As the majority of Part P qualified electricians don't have the faintest idea how to wire up a boiler, you are probably best off doing it yourself, with help from the experts on here. ;) . Provided you do a neat job and use the correct cable - heat resistant into the boiler - no one will be any wiser.

Am I allowed to connect wiring inside the boiler casing.
Who's to know? You are not doing gas work.

can you tell me what the connections would be to connect the room thermostat to a Worcester 28si11 boiler?
Only if you say which thermostat you wish to install.

I THINK (dont quote me) that heating controls is an exception from Part P!

Heating Control are NOT exempt from Part P, a lot of installers have a Limited scope part p qualification which limits them to installing heating controls only, but given that an installer knows more about heating controls than an electrician, this is probably the best route to take!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Before getting to the question of legallity, are you competent and confident working with 230 volt?

I think you'll find that if you read Gas regs pertaining to working on Gas Appliances as opposed to the definition of "work" on Gas Fittings, it states you have to test the flue; combustion;burner pressure; and safe functioning. So, when you eventually fit your stat mate, unless you're Gas Safe, you could be prosecuted. Best not to bud

err yeah
thinking-006.GIF

I think you'll find that if you read Gas regs pertaining to working on Gas Appliances as opposed to the definition of "work" on Gas Fittings, it states you have to test the flue; combustion;burner pressure; and safe functioning. So, when you eventually fit your stat mate, unless you're Gas Safe, you could be prosecuted. Best not to bud
That is total nonsense.

wots with err yeah?

ben said:
Blooflame wrote:

That is total nonsense.

err what he said

or your talking outa yer ass fella

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back