Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I own a small bungalow 2 bed,kitchen ,living room & bathroom .
In the mornings thermostat in hall shows 18-19 c. Heating comes on at 07:00 to aim for 21 c. This morning it took 4 hours to reach 21.
We had all doors to rooms open & all rads apart from hall have TVR's.
Combi Boiler is only a few months old,does this sound right.
Should we have had doors to other rooms shut.
Only noticed it because I had a day off.
I could have knocked heating off as it was warm enough but I was curious to see how long it would take to reach 21
Many Thanks
Brian

Sponsored Links
Which boiler do you have? (Make/model/kW)
What is the central heating temperature setting on the boiler.

Use Whole House Boiler Size Calculator but set the Hot Water requirement to 0 (it's normally 2000). This will give you the heating requirement of your house.

Use Stelrad Elite Catalogue, first table, to find the outputs of your rads.

Post all info.

You don't say how your bungalow is constructed or how well insulated it is, but what you say sounds fairly normal to me for his sort of weather.

If you have the TRV's at different temperatures, then closing the doors will prevent the heat from the warmer rooms being lost to the cooler rooms and may make the rest of the house warm up a bit quicker.

There are lost of other factors too. For example I have 1960's detached house very well insulated walls and loft, but with big windows (3 metre long in the lounge). My heating came on at 4pm yesterday when the Thermostat read 17. It reached 19 (the set point) at just after 8pm. But there is a reason for that, I downsized the hall radiator because originally the hall had a massive radiator that warmed the hall very quickly and turned off the thermostat shutting down the boiler before any of the other rooms had got warm enough. That doesn't happen now. The lounge can be at 21 before the hall thermostat turns off at 19.

So every property is unique really

Sponsored Links
Hi
Boiler is Valiant ecoTEC plus,12-28.4 kw.
Central Heating temp setting is set at 70c.
Can go to 75 but book says fitter would have calibrated it.
Brian

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back