Roomstat location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new wireless stat fitted, but need to know best location for the position of the roomstat.

Ground floor plan enclosed, which is mainly open planned.
Solid lines are rads, all with TRV's
Boiler is in kitchen.

The front lobby is the only room without a rad so is the square blob the ideal position?

Or do you think it could be positioned in the study area as there are no rads in that area.

I can't see any other options, even if i took a TRV of one rad.

Regards

Sponsored Links
bottom of the stairs in the lounge. If you have 2 or more rads in the same room it's worth mentioning to customer the trv's should be set to the same number. ;)

Dangermouse, sorry ive drawn the plan wrong.

The bottom of the stairs terminates in the lobby, then door into lounge

I have a new wireless stat fitted, but need to know best location for the position of the roomstat.

Solid lines are rads, all with TRV's
One of the three TRVs in the open area needs to be set to max (or changed to a wheel valve) to make sure it is being controlled by the roomstat.

Do you keep the kitchen door open or closed? If you leave it open the heat from the kitchen rad will help to heat the study area.

With a wireless stat you can experiment with locations until you find the best one! But the lobby is not a good idea as there is no rad there for the stat to control - unless you leave the cloakroom door open all the time. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You dont need to fit it permantly to start with, try a few locations & see how it goes. Even the height will have an effect on the temperature.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back