rope light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Is anybody familiar with rope lights with an 8 function control unit fitted,
We are at the 1st fix electrics stage on our house and have fitted a 240v rope light around an alcove on a glass pyramid, but when the light is turned off and then turned on again at a later time, there must be a default setting on the controler setting it to flash, I have to get ladders out and go through the whole of the sequences to get it to stay on constant.

What I really need to know is if it possiable to cut out the control unit and go direct from the rope light to the light switch, I say light switch as we have removed the plug and gone to a light switch.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
trouble is there isn't any standard for this stuff, given the time with a meter i could probablly work it out but it certainly isn't something i could do remotely.

tlc sell a rope light system that doesn't need a controller here but its fairly pricey.

you have brought the wrong type of rope light., do as plugwash suggests.

The controller, not only controls the rope it also reduces the voltage.

i bet if you leave it alone you will find it will run through all the sequnces by itself, i know thats not what you want, but if it does, its the same as my one.

Sponsored Links
The little button on the controller which you use to select the chase sequence.

Press this until you get to the sequence before the one you actually want.

Now press the button in with a little bit of wood or similar, and tape this wood into place so that the button is permanantly pushed in.

With most makes of rope light and fairy lights this will usually cause the light set to remain on the same sequence when the lights are switched back on

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back