Rotolock key missing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately I have a similiar problem, sort of. I have a roto lock on my front door, it has the handle up then insert key method to lock it. Unfortunately my very recent ex has run off with the keys, and i can't lock the door at all. A neighbour has inactivated the handle so the door can not be used at all now but I'd obviously prefer being able to get hold of replacement keys.

Being in a difficult situation I don't even have £40 for a locksmith and I read with interest that one person has mailed roto and received new keys. If I was to do the same.., how would I identify the lock/key needed?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Having read all the previous posts I belive that the person that received the roto keys had a window locking handle problem. Thus a standard key, used for all of the same type of handle was supplied.
I think you have a euro-cylinder, it would be relativly unique. You would not want anyone to be able to obtain a key to your door.
Save up for the locksmith !
DC
Teamlocksmiths.

Whoopeee, I've found a key hidden away so can now change the locks.

When u people are giving your non- advice, and talking about burglars etc u might wanna think of women under threat with no money because an ex has taken the keys.., and how desperate it can be making yourself secure in these circumstances (and yes the ex did leave after an incident and yes he has made threats to come back). As has been pointed out.., a burglar would have a pretty good idea of how locks work and wouldn't bother asking questions.., a woman on her own at risk really does need advice that helps not "hum haw.., can't tell u because u might be a burglar".

Or should I just move me and my kids into a refuge out of the borough for the lack of a key and money to pay a locksmith (because my ex has moved out I am extremely short right now).., telling someone to save up is hardly helpful?

A 12-year old trainee burglar has to start somewhere.

finding out the easiest locks and weakest doors is always a good start.

you think that these youngsters don't break into the homes of single women? you want us to make their lives easier?

And now you are saying we want you to move into a refuge?

Sponsored Links
You can buy euro lock cylinders from B&Q etc, but they do come in different lengths so measure yours carefully......the barrels are held in by a single central screw.
Choose a quality lock such as Yale or Legge and you'll get 2 or 3 keys with it.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back