Rotten fascia boards advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just taking a look at current fascia as they are rotten.

Was looking at getting the new pvc black cladding done and it doesn' look to hars to do If you have a good base to start.

It looks like it' never had a fascia as such but like timber soffer board up at an angle following the pitch of the timber. What' my best bet to sort this?

Anyone got an idea on price if I got a professional In to do it, house is a standard 3 bed detached house.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 20180604_173019.jpg
    20180604_173019.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 289
  • 20180604_173025.jpg
    20180604_173025.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 20180604_173105.jpg
    20180604_173105.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 288
Sponsored Links
Had some roofers round, who said leave it and they can just clad over in upvc soffits and fascias

I don't think that will be a good long term fix?? Someone else I spoke to said best bet is to remove tiles a few rows back ,re felt and build new the timber out
then do the upvc cladding of fascias and soffits.

Thanks

You can over clad no problem but you need to sort out the cause of that damp staining - which is the roof felt rotten at the eaves. After that any rot will stop, and you can deal with any soft timber as required.

You may or may not need to replace the first layer of felt. You will probably need plastic eaves tray/protector under the eaves tiles, and then you can over clad with whatever you like. That types of eaves is not designed for fascai or soffit, and IMO will look crap with it. But it's your house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back