Rough Cost Outbuilding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A friend had an outbuilding installed which was 24 square metres

It was from wood insulated and plastered on the inside with a bathroom and electrics put in

No building regulations and a few corners cut especially when connecting electrics up and plumbing via a macerator rather then digging sewage up.

The builder used concrete pads and the wiring / eletrics were not buried in the ground.

Can anyone give an idea of what labour for this jobs should cost? Are we talking about 25K ? 10 K? 5K?

I know prices are difficult to forecast but i hope a rough idea can be given

Attachments

• IMG_0981 1.JPG
    IMG_0981 1.JPG
    133.8 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_0998 1.JPG
    IMG_0998 1.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_0996 1.JPG
    IMG_0996 1.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 463
Sponsored Links
I can see a bed in the picture, surely that means Building Regulations will be required.

Your mate deffo needs building regs for that lol !!!! He has running water inside the cabin as well as a habitable space - 'beds in shed' springs to mind....

Rough cost really depends on where you are, what you want to make it out of, interior décor etc Materials wise, you're looking at around the 10k mark for a fully finished outbuilding. Labour - this really depends on who you go for. The going rate is around the £150 - £180 mark per m2

Are you saying that materials is 10 grand PLUS labour? Or ten grand for the lot including labour?

Could you tell me where ten grand is spent please on materials - I struggle to see how a wood shed can cost ten grand

Sponsored Links
assuming it is a habitable shed - my question is still unanswered

Are you saying that materials is 10 grand PLUS labour? Or ten grand for the lot including labour?

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/rough-cost-outbuilding.458893/#ixzz47xWXdYYI

Sorry, I meant for a block built outbuilding - should have made that clear. If you're looking to have an outbuilding installed, I'd look into both wood cabins and brick/block built buildings. It can make a difference to the price of the house and there are also other costs like maintenance to take into consideration. Once built, a brick/block outbuilding will need a lot less maintenance than a wooden building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back