Rough Justice... or just what he deserved?

I see your point and think yes, you may be right in that respect.
Harsh punishment and no chance of mingling with others would work with some. With others it may make them think along the lines, "well if I'm going to get banged up I'll make it worthwhile."

You've opened a good debate here but unfortunately my bed calls.
Look forward to continuing possibly tomorrow.
Night Dex.

Sponsored Links
Trying not to but the basic premise of my statement is that kids should be taught right from wrong and a good foundation for this is the Ten Commandments.

If you see what I mean.
within the ten commands the kids who were taught this would laugh at the system of law at present.
Within those commands there are also actions to be taken when crimes are commited :idea: which you may say/have said goes against your sensitive nature ;)
confusing to me , you can't pick and choose what you want iether you want the whole(laws/commands) or the hole(present law) as it is now, make your mind up time. ;)

Sponsored Links
Regards the 'reprogramming' comment.
Do you remember 'A Clockwork Orange' in the 70's?
That involved a sort of brain reprogramming. Didn't work then and I don't see it working now.

Blimey :eek: I thought it was just a movie!

Harsh punishment and no chance of mingling with others would work with some. With others it may make them think along the lines, "well if I'm going to get banged up I'll make it worthwhile."
However, it's a widely held belief (on here at least) that crooks feel they can get away with blue murder, safe in the knowledge that at worse they'll end up with a minor inconvenience to their liberties. And that includes resisting arrest. So I'd hope that solitary would act as a bit more of a deterrent.

Newgas wrote;

Within those commands there are also actions to be taken when crimes are commited

I have referred to the commandments in their basic form, i.e. what you should/should not do. Agreed if you study them and read them thoroughly they go into more detail but for a forum this is too in-depth and will lead to the posts either ceasing or getting bogged down in dogma.
Therefore, based on the simple views presented to children during the teaching of these commandments, they are rules that should be obeyed and if you don't obey them then there are consequences to your actions.

In my opinion if you harm/defile/abuse someone who is defenceless then you deserve to be punished and punished most severely.

, and the child's legal guardians not helped with their sociopathic illnesses before it was tragically too late.

And in what institution would their Psycopathy be tended to :?: Oh dear they`ve been shut :idea: and acres of prime land sold for housing ( not social housing) :rolleyes:
May well be the case. So what's the solution?
There is no solution -you cant get back what was destroyed nearly 30 years ago. And in those years is a whole generation grown that thinks nothing of it . And here we are in another "worldwide" recession ... so where is the money going to come from :?: too late for "Victorian Values"

Newgas wrote;

Within those commands there are also actions to be taken when crimes are commited

I have referred to the commandments in their basic form, i.e. what you should/should not do. Agreed if you study them and read them thoroughly they go into more detail but for a forum this is too in-depth and will lead to the posts either ceasing or getting bogged down in dogma.
Therefore, based on the simple views presented to children during the teaching of these commandments, they are rules that should be obeyed and if you don't obey them then there are consequences to your actions.

In my opinion if you harm/defile/abuse someone who is defenceless then you deserve to be punished and punished most severely.
Firstly I didn't think you were the commandment type and secondly I do appreciate it's too long a subject to discuss on a forum but that wasn't my point.
Most of the repliers on these matters have a good understanding if not above basic of these consequences, This is the point I was getting to where in this stupid law does it give just judgment.
But punishment that is justly deserved to the criminal is thought of as backward, justifieably stupid.
Like Lastmagicape TBH.

Sponsored Links
Back