Rough Justice... or just what he deserved?

I agree with you dex.

How do you deal with the 'social services'? Be all vigilante and throw a 'Napalm' over them?

Trust me... Im tempted! Personally, I'd like to do a lot worse. A LOT worse.

On a serious note, how do you take them to account?
, and the child's legal guardians not helped with their sociopathic illnesses before it was tragically too late.

And in what institution would their Psycopathy be tended to :?: Oh dear they`ve been shut :idea: and acres of prime land sold for housing ( not social housing) :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
, and the child's legal guardians not helped with their sociopathic illnesses before it was tragically too late.

And in what institution would their Psycopathy be tended to :?: Oh dear they`ve been shut :idea: and acres of prime land sold for housing ( not social housing) :rolleyes:
May well be the case. So what's the solution?

Discipline re-introduced into the social/school curriculum at an early age and the teachings of love for one another, (without the sex education).
Teaching youngsters the value of life and their responsibility in caring and nurturing all living things.
Kids these days are well aware of 'Global Warming' yet we, society as a whole, encourage them and adults not to take responsibility for their actions by allowing them to claim damages against someone else for their own actions. I heard on the radio today, (DLT on Magic 1548), about a woman who sued McDonalds for selling her a hot cup of coffee which she then placed between her own legs and burnt herself. McDonalds paid up!
FFS! What kind of society are we in when someone can do this and blame someone else for their own actions! She bought a cup of coffee, did she want a cold one?
I don't bang on about religeon but teach the kids the ten commandments and make them adhere to them. This will lay a good foundation for their own and others future.
I'm stopping now because I am getting het up over this coffee incident and will ruin this post but do you understand where I am coming from?

Rant over, (for now ;) )

I don't bang on about religeon but teach the kids the ten commandments and make them adhere to them.

Does this apply to Muslims, Sikhs etc oh and atheists? why should any of these people recognise the 10 commandments?

Isn't it more about common sense, and my two favourite words... tollerance and respect?
Oh and a punishment fit for the crime?

I really don't think prison is a punishment... loads of crims have mobile phones, and abuse people via the web, or they continue to run their crooked business empires from their cell. Some crims go into prison drug free and come out junkies. Some other crims get released from prison, and then commit a crime just so they can get banged up again to get a free bed and food.

More prisons should be built and they should be harsh places... no phones, playstations, tv etc....everyday should be difficult, with a reminder of the crime they commited....

Oh and Barker...he should suffer this sort of retribution 'til the day of his early death... didn't he also rape a 2 year old girl? Evil pond scum.

And Haringey Council ? well they need a good kicking... sackings and all... but you can't put them in the same league as Barker... they performed in their jobs in a monumentally poor way, but they weren't evil in their actions.... just extremely cr@p... whereas Barker is just pure evil...

Sponsored Links
Does this apply to Muslims, Sikhs etc

You choose to live in this country you abide by OUR laws.
Practice your faith by all means but OUR faith over rules yours, every time.
The ten commandments are common sense.
Thou shalt not do this,
Thou shalt not do that etc.
In other words have respect for others and their belongings.

I really don't think prison is a punishment...

Not having been in a situation to give a personal opinion I do however agree that this seems to be the case.

and they should be harsh places... no phones, playstations, tv etc....everyday should be difficult, with a reminder of the crime they commited....

Agree 100%

There's an awful lot of discussion points here. Just sticking with the prison bit for the moment, do you advocate solitary confinement for the duration of confinement - akin to devil's island (think Papillon)? I could see a purpose and justification for this, especially if "reprogramming" and "reflection" were integral parts of it. Potential release from prison would then come from an intensive program if reintegration subsequent to solitary.

As for Barker - imagine that one day he wakes up and is "cured" of whatever ails him. Imagine the complete horror he would feel once he realises the enormity of what he has done.

There's an awful lot of discussion points here. Just sticking with the prison bit for the moment, do you advocate solitary confinement for the duration of confinement - akin to devil's island (think Papillon)? I could see a purpose and justification for this, especially if "reprogramming" and "reflection" were integral parts of it. Potential release from prison would then come from an intensive program if reintegration subsequent to solitary.

As for Barker - imagine that one day he wakes up and is "cured" of whatever ails him. Imagine the complete horror he would feel once he realises the enormity of what he has done.

I'm not sure solitary is the answer....prison should be either punitive, or attempt to'mend' the crim.... therapists would have a huge list of things that they would need to do to mend Barker..but if he did suddenly 'wake up' to his actions, and become a decent citizen, then i hope he would be decent enough to do the decent thing and top himself...

I personally think that for the most part, prison should be proper punishment.....

I don't agree with the,
wakes up and is "cured" of whatever ails him.
theory.
No one wakes up and is 'cured'. He may realise the enormity of what he has done and 'feel' repulsed but it doesn't cure him. If he was released he may well do something similar.

To me solitary confinement is like protection. The children of these perpatrators never had that luxury for one reason or another so why should they?

Regards the 'reprogramming' comment.
Do you remember 'A Clockwork Orange' in the 70's?
That involved a sort of brain reprogramming. Didn't work then and I don't see it working now. If its in your genes, so to speak, you can not totally eradicate it in my view. You would have to watch these people for the rest of their lives.

Discipline re-introduced into the social/school curriculum at an early age and the teachings of love for one another, (without the sex education).
Teaching youngsters the value of life and their responsibility in caring and nurturing all living things.
Kids these days are well aware of 'Global Warming' yet we, society as a whole, encourage them and adults not to take responsibility for their actions by allowing them to claim damages against someone else for their own actions. I heard on the radio today, (DLT on Magic 1548), about a woman who sued McDonalds for selling her a hot cup of coffee which she then placed between her own legs and burnt herself. McDonalds paid up!
FFS! What kind of society are we in when someone can do this and blame someone else for their own actions! She bought a cup of coffee, did she want a cold one?
I don't bang on about religeon but teach the kids the ten commandments and make them adhere to them. This will lay a good foundation for their own and others future.I'm stopping now because I am getting het up over this coffee incident and will ruin this post but do you understand where I am coming from?

Rant over, (for now ;) )
Conny you talking religion? :eek:

The example of waking up "cured" was a hypothetical. We all remember Myra Hindley and her pleas late into her life that she had atoned and repented for her sins and the she should therefore be released. The argument against her reasoning was that if she really fully understood the enormity of what she had done, then she would have known that she should never be released.

Like Huntley, Barker (and should have been the case for many many others, including the Bolger killers).

Solitary confinement, with no access to anyone outside their cell in any shape nor form (including electronic) isn't a protection - it's complete containment which would allow no social intercourse. Removal of freedom to communicate with anyone other than counsellors, advisers etc would be a very very harsh punishment of their liberties, and one would hope that not mingling with those within the criminal community would provide additional benefits.

Trying not to but the basic premise of my statement is that kids should be taught right from wrong and a good foundation for this is the Ten Commandments.

If you see what I mean.

Trying not to but the basic premise of my statement is that kids should be taught right from wrong and a good foundation for this is the Ten Commandments.

If you see what I mean.
Judaism strongly advocates the 10 commandments. A bit too strongly too, according to Jesus. Where's Blasphemous when I want a religious debate - he's always good for a wind upon these issues ;)

Solitary confinement, with no access to anyone outside their cell in any shape nor form (including electronic) isn't a protection - it's complete containment which would allow no social intercourse. Removal of freedom to communicate with anyone other than counsellors, advisers etc would be a very very harsh punishment of their liberties, and one would hope that not mingling with those within the criminal community would provide additional benefits.

In this scenario I agree, I thought you meant solitary with a view to eventually releasing them back into society. And I wouldn't waste taxpayers money on counsellors either.

In this scenario I agree, I thought you meant solitary with a view to eventually releasing them back into society. And I wouldn't waste taxpayers money on counsellors either.
I'm talking about everyone who is convicted of any crime. Thus the need for counsellors etc for those involved in "lighter" criminal activities (if you know what I mean) and who will be released.

Sponsored Links
Back