Rough price to cut and fit four kitchen worktops?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m looking to replace four kitchen worktops - can anyone give me a rough price to remove old then cut and fit new? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Without inset cut-outs, about a one days work.
With inset cut-outs, about a day and a half work.

I'd expect around £350 + VAT per day.

I'm with them, more or less. I'd need to see the job first, though, because there are all kinds of gotchas in this sort of job

Last edited by a moderator:
I can already foresee the old sink clips breaking off and a leak undetected for years.
Then there's the dodgy gas connection to the hob fitted half inch from the wall.
Tiles popping off anyone???

Tiles popping off anyone???
You missed the taps that won't come off or where the copper piping is now frozen solid, or blackened pipework just waiting to disintegrate. Breaking or cracking tiles, yes, even if you score the silicone several times. Then there's the tiles on top of tiles scenario, or even walls built on top of the worktop that weren't there originally. Best of all is the sink carcase almost invariably being shot (water damaged), after 10 plus years, only really visible when you get the top off, plus loads of dodgy wiring in certain kitchens. Hence the need to inspect before quoting...

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back