how much for worktops cut & fit?

S

snadge

I have someone coming to price up our kitchen worktops to be cut and fit, there are 3 in total with 2 cuts (joins) which will be exposed so done proper with mitre and kitchen and hob cut out

how much should I expect to get charged? i aint got a clue and need an idea so i know if iam being given a good deal or not

they are oak worktops 40mm thick

thanks

Sponsored Links
should just be a days wages,iro £150
well thats what i would charge,i know there are worktop shops that charge £50+ for a mitre,then you have got to find someone else to do the cut outs.
look forward to seeing what prices your given.

should just be a days wages,iro £150
well thats what i would charge,i know there are worktop shops that charge £50+ for a mitre,then you have got to find someone else to do the cut outs.
look forward to seeing what prices your given.

ok thanks, i dont mind doing the cut outs myself like

£560 he wanted to charge hahahaha

i told him NO THANKS, THATS A BIT TOO HIGH THAT!, THANKS FOR COMING TO LOOK AT IT THOUGH

i knew instantly he was gunna try it on because when he came he wouldnt give me a price, he says he would ring me later and when he did he said he wanted to level and fix the units into wall himself (theyre already there) (and he couldnt work out were to add the splice?) - so i says "how much then?" he says - well, i will give you a ring later... i thought BLOODY HELL JUST GIVE ME A PRICE... he said he was trying to work it out in his own kitchen where to put he splice... when he rang the 2nd time he started with "right, where do I start"... i already knew that he was gunna hit me with a stunner - i just didnt expect that much...

i honestly think he didnt want to do the job, I got the impression even from the first phone call that he was miffed that i was wanting him to finish off my work rather than fit th ewhole kitchen....******

ive rang 5 others and NONE have the tools (plunge router only £50) to do it - im thinking of buying a router myself with a jig and DIY following guides on youtube and practising on old worktops... how hard can it be? well, when your following video guides and have stuff to practice on anyway?

i can hire the gear for the day for £40...

Sponsored Links
Go for it snadge. If the hire of the tools is only £40 for the weekend. a couple of hours practice and Bob's yer uncle. You've saved about £500 odd quid from the prices you've been quoted.
;) ;) ;)

solid tops usually connected with a but join not a scribe so you dont uven need a jig

I am with speed butt joint, biscuits & clamps on wood worktops, you will still need a router though, but you could make a jig for cut outs for clamps.
Baza

or just do the joint by hand, ;) with a decent saw,biscuit jointer poly glue and the correct colour color fill.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back