rough sawn or regularised timber for shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
2017 is going to be the year of the shed for me. I shall be building a 3x4 m workshop/bike store.

I have looked at the cost of getting either regularised or rough sawn timber. The cost of rough sawn is much less than the regularised stuff. Acutally it is half the cost.

Can anyone tell me if I will make a nightmare for myself if I use the rough sawn stuff? Please can you tell me what issues I might face? I can buy it from here: http://m.molevalleyfarmers.com/h5/r...m;jsessionid=547EF01072F09786392D9D0B86D9EF9C
The regularised c16 is double the cost from Travis Perkins.

The savings in the cost of timber would give me more money to buy a nicer (in my eyes) cladding such as some waney edge douglass fir.

Many thanks in advance for your 2p worth.

Tim

Sponsored Links
theres your problem travis is 2 times as expensive
rough sawn is not the same quality is not graded
sawn carcasing treated 45x95 is 1.85 +vat per metre from my local wood yard
its called rough sawn but is regularized with rounded edges

Thanks big-all. I thought that might be the case. I know the old saying buy cheap buy twice.

contact you local wood yard
tell them what you are building and ask what they can offer as sutable
they may be able to run say 8x2" down the middle to give you say 100x50
do a plan based on what lengths the yard sells to avoid waste
the windows on my shed are off center on 3 walls to accommodate the 4.5 and 4.8m cladding lengths with minimum waste
my shed is 10x12 ft
http://s21.photobucket.com/user/bigall2005/media/e1e47346.pbw.html?sort=3&o=15

Sponsored Links
Travis are ridiculous on timber. My work use them for drain stuff but I use my local timber place for my own house stuff.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back