round over edge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning.

I am making some more treads for my stairs, I bought a round over router bit, but as I see it there are two things I am not happy with

1.I have to make a pass on top and bottom of the wood
2.I end up with a line down the middle. See photos

Can anyone share a link to a bit that would give a bull nose effect.

Thanks
Mark

Attachments

• P_20161028_090908.jpg
    P_20161028_090908.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 114
  • P_20161028_090903.jpg
    P_20161028_090903.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 112
Sponsored Links
you need a bigger bearing to give no querk or step
you will still have a small flat but no step

Two ways - and neither involve a bigger bearing (which incidentally won't work) or any bearing for that matter - either use the router fence ideally with a deeper piece of plywood or MDF attached as a deeper guide then make two passes or use the same fence set-up an a large full bull-nose bit (e.g. T2525 or T2526 in the link) for a single pass solution (requires a heavy 1/2in router). If you use a bearing guided bit you will need to ensure that the radius is less than 1/2 of the thickness of the material - this is to leave you with a small flat on the edge against which the bearing can run on the second pass. Simple!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back