Router table mounting plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently bought a powercraft router table from Aldi hoping it would match up to my Hitachi router. Unfortunately the mounting plate is in no way compatible so I am trying to source a cheapish router that matches up.

The law of s o d is that my local Aldi has now sold out of the Powercraft router that accompanied this router table.

Do most routers have similar positioned screw points on their bases? My table has them laid out four - square 70mm x 115 mm apart.

Sponsored Links
Some router bases use the same hole positions as other makes, for example the old Elu designs copied by other manufacturers, but it's not easy to generalise, and impossible to say what the hole positions on your mounting plate are.

Why don't you take the base plate of your Hitachi and use it to carefully mark the centres for drilling new holes in the mounting plate?

Of course if you wait around there will be more Powercraft routers for sale. I wouldn't waste money on one.

thanks for the advice. some careful work on the base and I have holes that fit plus the right bolts. Now all I need is some practice using the table which is not so easy!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

to reply to you about purchasing a router to go with your table. Don't worry if Aldi don't stock them anymore coz they don't fit anyway!....
I bought my router table off ebay to go with the router that came from Aldi.
I even emailed the guy selling the table to ask if it's the right one. He said he also sells the routers when he can get hold of them and as far as he knows they were manufactured to go with each other. I, plus 2 others on this forum have the same problem.
Even if you can get hold of a powercraft router I personally wouldn't recommend it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back