routing cable between a short distance

Funny.......it all comes down to experience.....Loosing your nerves with a customer will go aswell, I deal with customers all day, the good, the bad and the really ugly ones...we do a lot of work for various housing associations / councils so the customer can be quite different.

Take your time, if you think it looks rough, it probably is.....av another go....do a decent job and the customer recommends you....happy days..

Sponsored Links
Presentation is all.

Neat tidy appearance - clean shirt trous and boots if you can get logo on shirt then that looks good.

Make sure you are polite - sounds stupid, but it isn't. And clean up after you, ask for the vac and make a point of cleaning the floor well, even if it's not your cr*p!!

If the finished article looks good, they will be chuffed to bits.

I can't understand why they decided to condense the courses and practical work from 5 years to the current, this is an example of lack of experience, ok you never stop learning but it sure does help to have a good solid background in a trade from which to progress.

Sponsored Links
Part Prescott is looming down upon all of us, my friend.

It is an unstoppable force which will crush us all.

Prepare to meet thy doom!!

Alright, now I get it. Sorry, the ODPM obviously left me me off their list of principal organisations and my subscription to 'Spark Monthly' has lapsed. :D

Don't laugh at my not knowing, new building regs aren't really given front page coverage, I just wanted to know what you were on about and if it might affect me. :(

So, to answer my own question, Part P doesn't really seem to affect the average DIY'er as most things I would attempt (and some i wouldn't) seem to fall within the "Minor work" definition, bet you're well happy about it though! :LOL:

aidy_is said:
Don't laugh at my not knowing, new building regs aren't really given front page coverage, I just wanted to know what you were on about and if it might affect me. :(
Well I wasn't laughing at you - my initial response was laughter cos I thought your post was a joking one. I guess that Part-P has been such a widely discussed topic here and on other DIY fora that it's easy to forget that most people with real lives haven't heard of it. Didn't mean to offend you, and I apologise if I did.

So, to answer my own question, Part P doesn't really seem to affect the average DIY'er as most things I would attempt (and some i wouldn't) seem to fall within the "Minor work" definition,
That really leaves very little..

bet you're well happy about it though! :LOL:
Not especially, but I must admit that it does seem to be getting better from a DIY-er perspective than it looked as if it would be when first promulgated.

Ban

Any more promulgation from you, sonny jim, and I'll report you to the moderators!!

:LOL: ;)

I'm not Jim - that's the other fella.

And anyway, you're too late - I think the moderators know about me...

Excuse me Guys, would you mind not bringing me into your lovers tiff... :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back