Rover metro 111 injection to carb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think its do able to remove the trouble some single point fuel injection system and replace it with the SU carb off the older model, and bin the ecu and all the other stuff that gose with it?

Sponsored Links
You could if you want to increase your fuel consumption, and ruin the emissions to the extent it would never pass another MOT.

Wotan

The engine and gearbox unit as been fitted in to a trike,it will be lighter so fuel consumption should not alta that much as for the emisions there void on 3 wheelers and trikes.
The reason I ask is as it is at the moment when its running on Idle and warming up I slowly rev the engine and get a load of black sooty exhaust fumes and it cuts out. any ideas?

Your engine problem could be no more than a faulty coolant temperature sensor, causing the motor to run rich.
Substituting the injection for a carb wouldn't be a great issue, but the ignition system would be, I think.
Most trikes seem to have a conventional RWD system with an axle, and propellor shaft, or failing that, a VW air cooled unit is fitted with its transaxle.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back