Peugeot TU1 engine Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok this is just a question that's bugging me at the moment. Basically, say the car in question is a 1989 Peugeot 205 with a carburetor 1.1 engine, could you remove this engine (say its knackered) and replace it with a 1.1 TU1 engine from a more modern peugeot/citroen which is single point injection?

Due to it being a carb setup, could you go about removing the whole inlet manifold assembly from the replacement engine including the injection throttle body and retrofitting the inlet manifold assembly from the old engine including the carburetor onto the replacement engine?

Is this just some crazy idea or would it work? Just bugging me and i'm wondering?

One of my mates other halfs friends has an old pug 205 that needs a new engine and it got me thinking :)

Sponsored Links
Physically I think the engine would fit fine - but as injection engines have their own dedicated ECU I think it would be very difficult to accommodate the electrical side of things regarding immobilisers and ignition systems, etc.
Anybody's guess, really!
John :)

Best to stick with the original engine or intend to fit all ignition, fuel and exhaust components from old to new.
Otherwise it would br a major electrical project, but not impossible

Sponsored Links
Back