Rsj install advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Great forum!!!
My plan is to open up kitchen by knocking through a load bearing wall.. The wall is +\- 3.5 meter and has a door in the wall, above is a brick/wall and bedroom...i will need a ub/ rsj fitted, i already have this ready (203*102*23k...also padstones and all equipment ready...

My problem is the wall the rsj will sit on is only built with red brick? Is this ok to sit the padstones/ rsj on?

Sponsored Links
[quote="Imthedriller";p="2710061

My problem is the wall the rsj will sit on is only built with red brick? Is this ok to sit the padstones/ rsj on?[/quote]

Yes, if the padstone is the correct size.

[quote="Imthedriller";p="2710061

My problem is the wall the rsj will sit on is only built with red brick? Is this ok to sit the padstones/ rsj on?

Yes, if the padstone is the correct size.[/quote]

Thanks Tony...
The pad stone is 600-100-225

I won't need to build a pillar for it to sit on then, just the wall should be ok?

Has a SE designed that padstone for you? - it seems very long!
With a bearing area of 60,000 sq mm., that should be fine.

Sponsored Links
It seems the OP has got the beam and padstones, and now wants someone to work it out

It seems the OP has got the beam and padstones, and now wants someone to work it out
Good observation woody other home owners in my street have the same size house with the same wall removed and funny enough the same size beam too..i just need a little advice...

Good observation woody other home owners in my street have the same size house with the same wall removed and funny enough the same size beam too..i just need a little advice...

So why all the questions regards pad's and pillars, just copy your neighbours or pay an S.E. to sort it for you.

Woodpunk wasn't being flippant just honest.

Most people in the street have no plans and all the beams are covered up, its ok to ask for advice is it not?

Im not a builder I'm a driller so I'm unsure on a few things...thats all.....

Your padstone will be OK, but you need the beam checking

Whether you want that check done by someone on a forum who has downloaded a pirated copy of some software, and can give you some impressive calculations without actually having a clue, or if you want a qualified person to come around and have a look and work it out, is the real question.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back