Rubber Flex

S

steviez

Hi,

I am putting up a new light in an outdoor passage (between two houses that is covered up) and would like to extend on the existing wire that is there. It is wired in this cable: http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CA1dot5R3.html

I it ok to use this cable clipped to the wall about 4 meters off the ground where it is covered from the elements?

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sure, I don't see why not, as it doesn't sound as if there's any risk of mechanical damage. However, you may find something like HiTuf a little easier to dress, as it tends to retain its shape better than rubber flex and with fewer clips.

Sponsored Links
It will be ok, but it should be terminated using a stuffing gland. If thats not possible make sure the cable is securely fixed at the fitting entry point.

Condensation could be problem depending on local atmosphere.

They will have stuffing glands where needed and silicone on any other cable entry points (eg on bulk head fittings) I am sure that condensation will be no problem as its an open passage at either end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back