Rubber, lead and other nasties

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing a striplight in the kitchen but the ceiling is not strong enough to take the weight of the new fitting, removed the light carpet in the bathroom to be greated with a 70's laminate type flooring affair, so its safe to say this area of the house hasnt been accessed for some time.

Ripped the lot out and lifted a few boards to find the light wiring, found a few suprises, some old lead going to the old ceiling rose in the kitchen (I presume this is very dead as a new circuit it powering the light now)

PA020010.jpg

A rubber cable going from the bathroom, thru a wall into the false roof cavity of the kitchen extension, where I assume it ends is a bit strange, as the wires going into the joist are not the ones operating the striplight below, infact I would say they must do nothing, more boards up tomorrow I guess to track down the other end of the cable.

PA020005.jpg

PA020018.jpg

Any ideas whats occuring with the end of the cables?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back