Rubi notched trowel with 45° notches!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just been and bought everything I need to tile a small washroom floor as a build up to doing a lot of tiling in an old house renovation. Topps tiles were extremly helpfull by the way.

Anyway I came away with a couple of Rubi notched trowels one for walls and one for floors. Its a new design apparantly where the notches are at 45° to the main trowal plate. The idea being when you angle the trowel normally to apply the adhesive you will lose notch depth slightly. I get the idea but think its maybe a bit gimickey.

Anyway main issue I have just thought. I wont be able to scrape excess adhesive off the trowel back in to the buckewt in the normal way!

Would I be better with a normal flat trowel?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
i used both of the rubi 45 degree trowels a while back now mate, after using them a ONCE i went back to my PROPER trowels lol, i found absolutely no benefit in using them whatsoever.
trying to take excess addy off, turn the trowel length ways and run along the rim of your mixing bucket, or run a gauging trowel over it to remove it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back